Last night we watched the documentary What Happened to Kerouac? and like, when I was a little punk shit teenager I was of course very into the Beats but now that I am older and more informed I was able to give P. an ongoing Angry Feminist Critique Science Theatre 3000:
- ugh Kerouac was such a drunk shit who wouldn’t even recognize his own daughter (ref.)
- ugh Ginsberg was a pedophile who actually said he felt ~oppressed~ by laws against having sex with children (ref.)
- ugh William S. Burroughs shot his wife and didn’t have to go to jail (ref.)
- ugh I don’t know about Gregory Corso but he sure does sound like an arrogant ass, is he drunk right now i bet he’s drunk right now
- ugh I like Ferlinghetti’s stuff and he seems like a nice guy, sure hope he didn’t do anything terrible aside from publish and support all of these other jerkfaces
Anyway, were people who weren’t awful white dudes involved in the Beat movement? Reading suggestions appreciated!